This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.
Discover the Perfect Pacifier with the BIBS Try-It Collection
Say goodbye to the confusion of choosing the right pacifier for your baby and embrace the convenience of sampling four different styles in one collection. From different nipple shapes to various materials, this collection is designed to help you find your preferred BIBS pacifier without the hassle of ordering multiple boxes. Get ready to explore, test, and find the perfect fit for your little one's soothing needs.
Unlocking the Love: Why Parents Swear By the Bibs Try-It Collection
- Versatile Variety: The BIBS Try-It Collection offers pacifiers from four different categories, including Colour, De Lux, Couture, and Supreme. Experience the unique features and styles each line has to offer.
- Nipple Options Galore: With a selection of all nipple types - round, symmetrical, and anatomical - you can test and discover which shape suits your baby's preference and comfort.
- Material Matters: Explore pacifiers made from natural rubber latex and silicone to determine which material provides the optimal softness and durability for your baby's soothing moments.
- Convenient Testing: Save time and effort by having a range of pacifiers in one collection, allowing you to easily try different styles without the need for multiple purchases.
Unleash the power of exploration with the BIBS Try-It Collection, your gateway to finding the perfect pacifier that meets your baby's unique needs. Say goodbye to uncertainty and discover the soothing bliss that will keep your little one contented.
Babies have different needs and preferences when it comes to pacifiers. Finding the perfect fit for your little one is essential for their comfort and soothing.
Age and size indications can serve as a guide, every child develops at different rates and has different preferences. For most brands, sizing is a general guideline to identify different sized pacifiers, and less to do about which age the pacifier is allowed.
Here are some recommendations on pacifier sizes from our pacifier brands:
Bibs: All sizes can be introduced from birth.
- Size 1: Recommended for 0+ months
- Size 2: Recommended for 6+ months
- Size 3: Recommended for 18+ months
- Onesize: Suitable for ages 0-3 years
Please note that these age and size recommendations are not strict rules, but general guidelines. Most newborns tend to prefer smaller-sized pacifiers initially.
Elodie Details: The difference between pacifier sizes lies in the teat and the mouth shield.
As babies grow, their mouths become larger and they develop more strength in their mouth and tongue for sucking. The most significant changes occur within the first few months.
- Newborn-sized pacifiers: These feature smaller shields and teats suitable for newborns.
- Larger-sized pacifiers: Generally recommended from 3 months onwards.
After the age of three months, there is typically little need to adjust pacifier sizes, as the size your child is accustomed to will likely be the size they prefer until it's time to wean them off pacifiers altogether. Some babies may take longer to transition from the newborn size, but consistently offering them the larger teat size will eventually lead to acceptance. Elodie Details Pacifier Guide.
When choosing the right pacifier size, it's important to consider the following expert advice:
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): According to the AAP, pacifiers may reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) when used during sleep. They recommend offering a pacifier at naptime and bedtime for infants up to 1 year of age. However, if the pacifier falls out of the baby's mouth during sleep, there is no need to put it back.
"Pacifiers come in different sizes. You will also find a variety of nipple shapes, from squarish “orthodontic" versions to the standard bottle type. Try different kinds until you find the one your baby prefers."
Your baby's comfort: Observing your baby's comfort and preference is crucial. Some babies may have a strong sucking reflex and require a larger teat, while others may prefer a smaller size. Pay attention to signs of discomfort, such as difficulty keeping the pacifier in their mouth or excessive drooling, which may indicate the need for a different size. Child preference and comfort truly dominates navigating the right size and style pacifier for your child.
It's also important to continue to check your pacifiers regularly, and practice pacifier safety when in use. Learn more about pacifier safety.
Finding the right pacifier size for your child may require some trial and error. By considering your baby's age, development, and comfort, you can choose a pacifier that promotes soothing and contentment.
Before first use
Remember to sterilize the pacifiers when you take them out of the packaging! This is done by putting the pacifiers in plenty of boiling water for 5 minutes. This applies to both latex and silicone pacifiers.
Natural rubber latex can smear off to the shield in rare cases, so it is important to sterilize in plenty of water and we recommend sterilizing latex pacifiers separately. This only applies before first use.
Sterilization by scolding
This is the method we recommend for cleaning both latex and silicone pacifiers subsequently:
- Put the pacifiers in a clean bowl. Pour boiling water over the pacifiers.
- Let the pacifiers soak for approx. 5 min.
- Pick them up and let them dry on a clean towel.
If you experience water in the nipple
After cleaning it is not unusual that water remains in the nipple. This is because all our pacifier nipples are equipped with a valve, letting out air when the baby closes down on the nipple. This ventilation system causes the air from inside the nipple to be pushed out through the valve thereby flattening the nipple to shape naturally after the baby's oral cavity. The valve is also the reason why water can be present inside the nipple after cleaning and sterilization. If this is the case, simply just squeeze the nipple flat to press out the excess water. If water drops remain in the nipple, just let the pacifier air-dry.
How often should I clean the pacifiers?
Part of good pacifier hygiene is frequent cleaning of the pacifiers. The younger the child, the more important it is to protect it from bacteria and maintain good pacifier hygiene. This is mainly because small children’s immune system has not yet managed to get acquainted with all the different bacteria, and therefore it will not have learned to “defend” against them yet.
You should sterilize your baby’s pacifiers regularly, but don’t overdo it. Sterilization can be harsh on pacifiers, depending on the method Our general recommendation is to scald the pacifiers once a day.
Order & Pick Up In Store (Pine Centre Mall, Prince George, BC):
- Choose this option if you prefer to pick up your order in person.
- In-store orders are held for up to one week.
Order & Delivered within 5-10km of Pine Centre Mall:
- Opt for this option for convenient local delivery.
- Free delivery on orders over $50 within 8 km.
- Orders under $50 may incur a $5 delivery charge.
- Deliveries typically on Wednesdays/Thursdays.
Order & Shipped to You:
- Select this option for shipping beyond the local delivery radius.
- Tiered shipping costs based on your order amount and location.
Shipping Rates (Within Canada):
- Orders over $125: Free shipping (excluding oversize items).
- Orders $50-$124.99: Varying shipping rates.
- Orders under $50: $12.95-$14.95 CAD.
Shipping Rates (Within Canada - by Province):
- BC or YT: $8.95
- Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba: $9.95
- Ontario, Quebec: $11.95
- Other provinces/territories: $12.95-$15.95
- Repurposed packaging to reduce costs and environmental impact.
- Specific packaging requests can be accommodated by contacting us.
- Standard shipping via Canada Post; courier may be used if more suitable.
- Orders shipped promptly within 2-3 hours during business hours.
- Delivery time: 4-10 days; expedited shipping available at checkout.
- Not responsible for delays due to severe weather, natural disasters, or strikes.
- For special requests, quicker delivery, or assistance, contact us via email or social media.