Entertaining a toddler during the long winter months quickly becomes a chore in Northern BC for many of us. With frozen sidewalks, playgrounds covered in ice, and general fatigue of the same old same old, many of us yearn for something different to do with our kids.
Toddler Friendly Indoor Activities in Prince George, BC
Here's a few of our favourite toddler-friendly indoor activities in Prince George, BC. If you have more ideas, let us know in the comments. Some of these programs and activities may change without notice, but you can check into the facilities for up to date details.
- Active Star - hosted by Engage Sport North, Mondays to Thursday at UNBC Northern Sports Centre Field house is a free space for kids ages 0-5 to run and play.
- Strong Start - Participate with your young child (aged birth to five) in play-based early learning activities – including stories, music and art. At no cost to families, this early learning drop-in program helps prepare children for success in Kindergarten.
- Prince George Public Library - regularly programming for kids and families throughout the week at two locations.
- Visit a Pet Store
- Visit Pine Centre Mall - maybe stop in and check us out for a new toy, or just to say hello. Mall walking available.
- Explore a department store
- Home Depot Workshops - FREE Hands-on Workshops designed for children ages 5 - 12. Held on the 2nd Saturday of each month at all The Home Depot stores. Each child can bring home a newly constructed project, an achievement pin and certificate.
- CCRR Active Play - Tuesdays at Highland Family Development Centre. We will include both adult and child activities that support fundamental movement skills involving different parts of the body such as feet, legs, trunk, head, arms, and hands.
Fee based Programs
- Lil Hoppers - Lil Hoppers is a place that sparks excitement for children and their caretakers alike boasting 3000+sq ft of play space created for infants all the way through to kids in grade school.
- Canfor Leisure Pool - The Canfor Leisure Pool located at 670 Quebec Street is a fully accessible facility providing state-of-the-art amenities. Features include a water elevator to help visitors in and out of the pool, a "NinjaCross" pool obstacle course, a large waterslide, leisure pool with play features, hot tub, sauna, steam room and more.
- Exploration Place
- Overhang Parent & Tot - 2-hour sessions for infants and kids 5 years old and under, and their parent/guardian. Meet other like-minded parents and their toddlers/infants while enjoying a personal physically-distanced climbing workout!
- Two Rivers Art Gallery - Two Rivers Gallery is a centre for contemporary Canadian art and creativity in Prince George and the central interior.
- Gymnastics Active Start Free Play - listed under fee because you do need gymnastic insurance.
Have a great idea? Share it with us in the comments. We might not get to updating this post, but your comments help others find something new to explore with their littles.
Bailey Bouwman is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Amazon offers a small comission on prdoucts sold through these links.
as a small business, I don't carry everything you need - and I know that many of you will use Amazon to shop for other products. Linking to Amazon connects you with more - not all links are amazon links, they will start with https://www.amzn...