Play Silks - one of my favourite open-ended toys to experience, learn and play. This new toy will bring imagination and inspiration to the children of Northern BC. This week, Nest & Sprout unboxed our first shipment from Sarah's Silks, the leading supplier of quality-tested, safety reviewed, Play Silks.
I'm trying to remember where I was first introduced to Play Silks, it may have been Childs daycare or perhaps that play cafe we had many years ago in Prince George. The magic of play silks is their unlimited potential to be anything - it's not a cape, it's not a blanket, it's not a skirt - it's anything you want to be.
About Sarah's Silks
You know that Nest & Sprout is obsessed with the stories behind products and brands because it gives us the transparency to discover products that align with our values, interests and goals. Sarah's Silk is such a brand that has come together to inspire children around the world.
Sarah’s Silks is a family owned business specializing in Waldorf inspired sustainable toys for children. With over 28 years of experience creating and inspiring play, Sarah's Silks is a growing collection of play-based activities that meet natural, eco-friendly mission.
Our children love to play with Sarah's Silks. Here's how they embrace the play silk on the day-to-day.
Dress-up with Play Silks
- Make a cape and become a superhero, queen, or king!
- Wear as a skirt and become a princess
- Wrap around both legs as a mermaid tail
- Pretend to be a fashion designer and create outfits
Decorate with Playsilks
- As a sunshade in the car/cover a window
- Hang it over your bed
- Use as gift wrap
- Hang in a doorway as a curtain
Don't forget to grab clips for soft secure fit on play frames, chairs or any other surface you want to decorate.
Pretend with Playsilks!
- Parachute play for a teddy bear
- Make red fire from the mouth of a dragon
- Use as a blanket for a doll
- Baby carrier for your doll or stuffed animal
Create with Playsilks!
- Dance with one or two
- Tie onto a wooden ring as a safe teether
- Build a pillow fort