As a new parent, there are so many choices to make, from what to feed your baby to which stroller to buy. Some of these choices are really easy, like you probably haven't even thought about switching to cloth diapers from disposable diapers - but others are more challenging as you debate the safety features of a carseat.
Many parents don't know that cloth diapering is an option, or a modern option to disposable diapers. They've heard the tails - but just like birth, the horror stories are easier to share than the pleasantries. For some families, they may discover cloth diapering when they start to find themselves frustrated with disposable diapers.
Because disposable diapers can be terrible, poor performing, and frustrating products to handle as a new parent with a cranky child - at least that's been my experience.
Here's a few things that I just hated about disposable diapers...
- The overpowering perfume scent, the harsh chemical smell of your baby's urine.
- The constant worry of running out of diapers, or having the right size.
- The growing out of a size half way through a box.
- How prone leaks and blowouts are with paper elastics that leave you with a mess to clean up.
- The piles of trash, and how my household waste competed for valuable space in my bin.
And all those diapers add up to a lot of waste – both in terms of money and the environment. But there is another option – cloth diapering. Not only is it better for the environment, but it's also healthier for your baby's skin and can save you money in the long run.
At Nest & Sprout, we understand the pain points of disposable diapering, and we're here to help you make the switch to cloth diapers. Learn more about cloth diapers, in our cloth diaper blog or find us in Prince George, BC. We offer a variety of cloth diapers and baby products to meet your needs, and we're committed to making the transition as easy as possible.